View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 04:15 AM

Default Re: "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed" error launching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydbildet View Post
Hi!

My first post here, and I have the same issues as so many others...

My Pro Tools-system is sometimes working, and sometimes not allowing me to even start the program. If I try to open Pro Tools, I either get a message saying "you're trying to run a newer version..." or there are other errors. Like the one on the attached photo. I can't find any solution to this error message anywhere in this thread.

Don't find how to post an image, so I'll retype the error message:

Pro Tools Perpetual could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.

Error details:

kEEPROM_DataCRCErr967

I have tried to re-activate my license on the ilok, and have a current Application Manager.

I have a deadline for a project on monday, and right now I can't get to work...
There are a couple of ways to attach a screenshot. In the bar above the box where you type your responses there is a paperclip icon which will allow you to upload an attachment which can be a graphic and there's also an icon that has the popup tag of 'insert image'. The first option is for a graphic that is on your computer and the second is for something hosted on an online service to which you provide a hyperlink.

Back to your problem:
Does your computer have USB3 ports? If so those have been known to have issues with an iLok. Usual remedy is a powered USB hub between the iLok & computer.
And that brings up the second issue and is related to power. Windows computers tend to have power savings measures enabled by default on both laptops & desktops for the USB ports. Make sure those are turned off in Windows Control Panel. iLok needs to be plugged in to an always powered on USB port whenever working in PT.
Lastly - make sure you have the right iLok license asset for your version of PT. Something Avid started with PT12 is when there's a new version you may have to download a new license asset to your iLok. You don't say what version of PT you're trying to run.

QAPLA!