View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Switching Sample rates still causes havoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
As you know I'm not shy about blaming Avid for things, but in this case many other interfaces can handle sample rate changes with Pro Tools without all these issues. Pro Tools is the default market leader. Focusrite should be just fixing their side to make it work, and testing with Pro Tools during development should always have happened. Is there documentation on their site explaining to their customers how to deal with their interfaces with this know issue with that market leading software? I am suspecting you may have a too rosey view of how Focusrite are treating you.

(Not looked into these in detail but a quick Google search makes it look like possible issues with different Focusrite interfaces and not all Pro Tools related).

... a different Scarlett interface when the DAW sample rate change does not work...

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-...lett-interface

... A few Focusrite uses having sample rate setting problems with an S1...

http://forumsarchive.presonus.com/posts/list/14630.page

etc.

Focusrite not having their own support forum is another hit against them.
Thanks, Darryl. I hadn't seen these particular sites, but I have read and/or looked at a bunch of others. We've had lengthy discussions on this issue with respect to Focusrite here on the forum.

What's surprised me tonight was that I have done many sample rate switches in the recent past with little problem, once I figured out the basic dance. Its really just close PT, re-set sample rate on the Focusrite using the MixControl software, then re-open PT, and then open or create the new session at the new rate. Rinse and repeat. That dance has worked fine for quite a while...until tonight. For the life of me, I have NO idea what has changed. I have not upgraded either PT or any drivers for Focusrite in quite a while, and have done sample rate changes frequently over the past several months.

The only new software I've added are AAX plugins.

I suppose its possible a Windows 10 update might have changed something...but I have no idea what or even what to look for with respect to this. All the obvious things look correct to me. And maybe you can explain why it is these things ALWAYS happen when you're up on a hard deadline?