View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:19 AM

Default Re: You get FIVE features to add to PT only.. what are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
It's literally in the top 3 most efficient DAWs in existence on either mac or windows. The only one that outperforms it on windows is reaper, and on mac, logic, by about 5 percent. Big woop. Something must be wrong with your setup I am sorry to say.

It's also one of the most stable DAWs I have ever used.

It really sounds like you don't like it at all, so why not try something else?
i love you man !! funny, i use or have used every DAW short of FL Studio over the last 20-25 years ...

i am more speaking for the Others that i see have Instability issues ...

i have had Complete Digi/Avid Systems including Tested Recommended MAC's, nasty SCSI Drives that were expensive and noisey ....haha ... since it began for me in ernest with PTIII and 882 I/O after going the Cubase 3 route after a conversatoin with Todd Rundgren - he was using Cubase at the time on Apple Powerbook 5600 - oh my god, was that rough going in those days .. that Computer startred on Fire once and smoked another CD-Rom drive .. they replaced it after the second incident !! the 1400 Powerbook .. heavy but finally felt like a real computer ...

... i love PT, and have been mixing 5.1 in PT since pro tools started 5.1 (version5) ... too much experience over the years with Fully Digi/Avid Built Systems (no money issues, as i worked for a place that shall remain nameless with deep pockets) .. Digi Rep would come over and load me new builds every time there was a new one .. we were loved !!! but not even that would create something stable .. have seen some behind the scenes of this company and good people fighting hard to find and fix for ALL Platforms, these are hard working people doing an immpossible job .... we are aloud to bitch and poke the bear sometimes ... right now Avid needs a Poke .. i loved the Closed Systems from Digi, Avid Mix, HD, HDX they work .. add 3rd party and Bam !! Apollo Closed System is intriguing ..

for now i stick with Writing in Logic and Helping others in PT .. i did lapse my plan in sept .. hanging in there for a few years and se what Avid does .. hopefully Good !! the interface is old school like me and easy to teach others ... but it is not the end all ..

now, i use Logic Pro X except when i need to Split a Stereo Track into 2 mono tracks Simply !!! haha ....

my #6 !! my Big issue now is on MBP 2014 my fans go nuts ONLY when Pro Tools is Working ... other than that a few Browser things .. ala youtube or Yahoo homepage that kicks fans in like that ...

- but i fully understand that it is immpossible to make ALL system Stable !!
just my opinions !!! so my pleas are usually for someone else .. unless it directs impacts my workflow ..

cheers have a good day, thx for the concern on my end .. all good here !!!

john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro