View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 PM

Default Re: I/O Settings have changed-No sound?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Before ranting about Pro Tools one should read the manual and learn how to use it otherwise one comes across as an idiot. Pro Tools works fine...yes there are bugs but in your case it's just a matter of knowing what you're doing.

Make sure you're interface is on & connected properly and bare in mind, if the proper drivers for your interface are not installed problems will arise. As mentioned go to Pro Tools>Setup>Playback Engine and make sure your interface is selected.

Then got to Pro Tools>Setup>I/O Setup>Input Tab & click Default then do same on Output Tab. You can now customize your I/O setup, renaming I/O's & Busses appropriately so they make sense if you wish.

UNCHECK 'Sessions overwrite I/O'

Once you've checked that everything is working properly go back into I/O Setup and Export this setup; name and save it to a logical location, if you ever have problems again open Pro Tools>Setup>I/O Setup and import this setup and you're good to go.

The Manual (Reference Guide) is installed with PT installation so it should be available in the Help menu within PT, or just google it if you can't find it.
I have done what you and many others have suggested nd still have the same problem. What next? I got pissed because PT is so problematic so often. I have recorded on just about every format there is since reel to reel and never had the level of problems and down time as I've had with PT. There may be an idiot but I don't think it's me.

I have consulted my PT triainer who studied PT at L.A. Institute of Recording & have a session with him on Sunday. It would still b great to figure out what the problem is so I can spend my time learning something new.

I will retry all the steps you all have given me. Meanwhile thanks for all your help.

Lars