View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 02:25 AM

Default Re: File Export Bug in 2020.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by midi sordino View Post
Thanks for chiming in. As far as I can tell, this issue - timestamp on stereo WAV file late by one frame when re-importing an AAF file into the same PT session - occurs in Pro Tools 2020.3 when exporting an AAF and checking the box 'Enforce Media Composer Compatibility'.

If I don't check this box, the re-imported timestamps on the wav files using AAF import are correct. But I want to enforce media composer compatibility, so it looks like this may be an issue when exporting an AAF file from PT using this option (which might as well be called 'Enforce Pro Tools Incompatibility')
The "issue" is actually a feature to work around the fact that AVID MC can only refer to time stamps that are on the full frame grid, so in order to not move the audio in MC, PT will add additional media to fill the gap to the next full frame. The only way to avoid this is to always edit on the full frame grid.

F.