View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 01:08 PM

Default Re: How did today's Avid business news affect the Eleven Rack, if at all?

i was wondering the same thing.

The 11R is part of the current I/O, so even though the 11R would be considered "consumer", it looks like Avid will keep producing them, or at least supporting them for a while.

I'm just wondering what does this mean in terms of commitment to the guitar department in Avid. Will they just let it die and only focus on high-end pro gear for use in post facilities?

I do not know. I hope they do not close down the guitar wing to focus solely on the HD line of interfaces. The 11R is a pro piece of gear at least if you compare it to owning a real amp. Sure the pre and clock are not of the highest quality, but they get the job done.

I love this little orange box, but if Avid has chose to do away with the guitar division, looks like I'll have to check out other hardware options, playing through plugins never has the same feel, though they can sound amazing. Of course I'll stick with PT for my DAW however.

For now though it looks as if things for the 11R are pretty much the same, time will tell. Winter NAMM may be interesting.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio