View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 09:51 AM

Default Re: legacy PACE License Support crashes Windows 10, couldn't install Pro Tools 11 (RE

I've finally found someone who is going through the same issue as me. (Well, almost)

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I've been trying to run Pro Tools 10 perfectly like it did before on my Windows 7 OS. I did the exact same thing as you, whereby I skipped the installation of the PACE Interlok drivers during the Pro Tools 10 installation, as I wanted to do that separately.

I got ProTools 10 running fine, and I've downloaded the latest iLok drivers, but now I've run into an issue with Pro Tools reading the licences from the iLok.

In order to read those licenses, I NEED to install the Legacy Drivers from PACE, because I need that TPkd.sys file on my OS in order for ProTools to read my licenses...but Windows 10 doesn't trust that TPkd.sys file at all, and Blue Screens me every time I try restart/reboot my system after I've installed the legacy drivers. I've done it this way before on Windows 8 and Pro Tools 10, and it worked...but Windows 10 is not happy.

Any idea on how to solve this conundrum? I'm losing my mind here.