View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 02:32 PM

Default Re: AAE-9173 - Ran Out Of CPU Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drummer View Post
Let me be clearer:
I surmised this was because the drives had no time to spin down. If I worked for a few hours on an audio project and then tried to change I had to wait - probably while all the disks spun up. That put me onto a potential solution for these PT errors.

Given I am now on Day 5 of seamless PT operation, the more all this makes a kind of sense to me.
I hope this helps
jonh
I have a 2012 MacPro w/2x 512 Apple SSDs (boot and Samples), and 6 WD 6TB Black Caviars on eSATA (connected via PCIe cards) and a FW800 1TB Caviar for DropBox.

I have ALWAYS disabled spin down on all drives (a habit started since the TDM days of PT). For me this is enabled explicitly in my eSATA PCIe card config, and I have also disabled the PUT HARD DRIVES TO SLEEP WHEN POSSIBLE in the Energy Saver Control Panel.

I am the HDX test contributor who passed the OP test - FYI.
DSP & IO : Pro Tools HDX2(2018.3), 2x UAD Octo, HDIO 16x16 Analog IO(3), HDIO 16x16 Digital IO
Plugins: Avid, DMG Audio, Kush, oeksound, P'n'T, Plugin Alliance, Softube, SoundTheory, Sonnox, Sound Radix, SoundToys, UAD, VEP, etc
Hardware: API, Chandler, Hardy, Moog, Neve, Shadow Hills, Smart, Summit, TC Electronic M6000, UREI, etc
Microphones: Telefunken, Neumann, Shure, AKG