Thread: NEW Avid SYNC X
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 10:19 PM

Default Re: NEW Avid SYNC X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Yes, I agree it's odd that the fans are making noise when they did not before. Which previous version of Pro Tools were you running?

A couple of things to test with 2021.3 to see if HDX fan noise is different:
-No Sync X attached and Clock Master set to Internal on primary interface
-No Sync X attached and Clock Master set to Word Clock (from Trinity) on primary interface

Sync X doesn't currently operate as a standalone device. All clock settings are handled directly in the Session Setup window in Pro Tools. Implementing a standalone mode is actually a significant amount of work, which is why it's not currently available as the focus is on using it with Pro Tools. Can you expand on the workflows where you need to change the sample rate, etc on Sync X outside of Pro Tools?

You can’t use Sync X outside of Protools so another clock will need to be used if any song creation needs to be written in Logic or another sequencer. Specifically for creating without picture, just audio work. As far as recording live musicians all would be done in Protools, and scoring from Logic to Protools the Sync X will work properly for syncing the time lines.
Completely understand it is a Protools only device for post and it does exactly what is advertised.
Once you use any other clocks you would hope to have the same functions as those devices.
I believe it was PT 2019 version, I doubt the software would have a glitch to turn the fans on high with the HDX cards. I’ll check when working in Logic with the Trinity and no Sync X in 2021.3, to see about the HDX 3 fan noise.
All in all a good box, can’t blame anyone for wanting a little more.
Thank you again for your time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk