View Single Post
Old 12-14-1999, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Sound Quality (continued)???

Yes, Mac only for this initial evaluation. If we include this with the shipping product in a future release, the NT version will be there...

One other thing: I posted yesterday that the dithered mixer does its work on MIX cards *only.* We won't necessarily be restricted to that if we decide to ship this out, but it will extremely ineffecient (DSP wise) if we let it all run on "vintage" DSP Farms. That said, we'd probably want to enable the older Farms if we ship this mixer. Because the dither only works on MIX cards, please *disable all I/Os connected to any "vintage" DSP Farms" in your HW setup, (set 'em to "No Interface"), in order to ensure that dither will be applied by the "Dithered Hi-Res Mixer" in your tests.* Lastly, the dither always is present when a mixer is running on a MIX DSP chip, whether or not a mixer is running on a "vintage farm" or not.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and looking forward to your comments...

BTW, if you do submit feedback, please try to do it here on this thread, and also, let us know if you were doing an actual blind test (as described in my instructions). Thanks!