View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Windows 10 Key - Alternative Marketplaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBK View Post
It was my understanding that these 'cheaper' keys are legitimate? They are just surplus keys from various countries that sell them cheaper?

I hear about the Ebay route quite a bit, and have no doubt that it obviously works. But with that being said I am a bit skeptical about Ebay, I am inclined to use a reputable third party supplier though. I didn't realize Microsoft charges 200 dollars Canadian for a key, even Amazon only charges 100. Surely Amazon must be a reputable option?
If you buy one and you don't get scammed... yes they can be legitimate.... but will come with restrictions about moving the licenses once you have activated it. And you can't get end-user support from Microsoft. I have no idea if that matters to you... assuming you actually get a System Builder licenses and don't get ripped off. If you want to go that way.. meh Ebay is a software licensing sewer so if you have a better way I'd do that.

But all this hassle... for most people I would spend $199 and buy a copy of Windows 10 Pro (not Home) on Microsoft's web site. And you can move that around later if needed (personally that does matter to me... I've moved my Windows 10 licenses several times including between virtual machines, different physical machines etc.