View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 02:48 PM

Default Activate Message keeps popping up

Hello, I own the license to Pro Tools 11. I have had problems repeatedly. Here's an example:

I insert my iLok, and I get the "Activate" prompt window. I proceed to un-insert and re-insert my iLok in a combination of manners, some of which include the connection or disconnection of a USB MIDI keyboard controller. Suddenly, Pro Tools decides to access the license on my iLok, and, voila! It turns on and does what it's supposed to. I use Logic every time I get a session or a live recording gig because I have never been able to rely on Pro Tools to start up and work as expected. The only time I ever used it on a session, it stopped recording in the middle of a live performance telling my my 2.7 GHz processor and 16 GB of Ram was overloaded with no other apps running and 5 audio tracks in the session with no plug ins. I really want to form a relationship with Pro Tools so I may be savvy to the industry standard and, thus, reduce my personal limitations as an engineer and producer, but I get too frustrated with and frightened of Pro Tools as I have yet to achieve the flawless operations I have heard rumored across the circles in which I move. I would love to rely on Pro Tools as it offers far more potential as an engineering tool than Ableton or Logic, but I need your help to take these steps. Since manuals offer no provision for glitches, I must turn to the experienced, friendly ears of the community, and I look forward to resolving all my personal issues with Pro Tools in order that I may begin to utilize its limitless capabilities. Thank you for reading this, and I hope to hear from those who can help soon.