View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Any good drum sound replacers for HDX native or DSP . I tried drumagog in TDM bu

Hi WernerF, I usually use SoundReplacer to add to the original, rather than replacing. When blended together carefully, using the same sample repeatedly doesn't seem to make the result sound 'fake' to my ears. As for phase accuracy, I usually check original and processed sound panned hard L / R on headphones. Audible shift rarely occur with the threshold set carefully.

Ages ago, I used Logic's 'Audio to Score' function to generate midi data which then needed to be conformed to the right note value and scaled in velocity in order to trigger a VI sampler successfully. A hell lot of work. Compared to these days, the SoundReplacer is dramatically more accurate and a much faster workflow. Love it for it's simplicity.

However, I am very curious to try the DRT. Am open to new ideas and willing to convert. Bought some other Massey stuff, it is great! Just watched the DTR videos. Am particularly excited about the workspace drag-n-drop stuff. Something I always missed in SoundReplacer.

Am looking forward to learn how it measures up regarding ease-of-use and accuracy. Downloading the demo now.

Cheers, J.

AVID Certified Instructor