View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Waves Adds the Doubler

Quote:
Existing owners of these bundles with current Waves Update Plan coverage receive Doubler absolutely free. After downloading your copy, get authorized by visiting our Get Doubler Page!
I got this in my mail today from Waves. I feel the words "absolutely free" are a bit misleading. It seems if you download the "free" doubler, then you can use it for one year for "free". Then you have to pay the WUP fee, which will increase about $40 per year on your bundle. ($400 Doubler list price X 10% = about $40 more yearly WUP fee) It would be nice to try it and use it, but if you decide you don't care to pay the additional WUP fee, it's already too late! You are stuck with the additional WUP fee for as long as you own your Waves plugin bundle. There is apparently no way to cancel the Doubler WUP without canceling your whole bundle. That's the way it seems to me. Am I wrong?

This looks to be the same thing they did with TUNE LT and IR that aggrivated a lot of users. Users downloaded the "free" plugins only to find out later that their WUP fees increased because of the "free" plugins!