View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM

Default H/W Buffer Error (pro tools error -6104) Only 1 audio track running.

Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting here, if anyone could be of assistance that would be fantastic!

I recently got myself a new system: 8 core Ivy Bridge i7, 16 GB ram running Mountain Lion. I use Pro Tools 9 and initially it wasn't able to run in mountain lion but I found out that people were able to make it run with the 9.0.6 update, so I did the update and got pro tools to run (Yay :'D)

I then imported a song into pro tools to test my I/O to see if I had audio coming through etc and a split second after I hit play i had the H/W Buffer Error (pro tools error -6104) window pop up. The msg said that I should reduce the amount of tracks and/or plug-ins that I was running, though I only had 1 audio track up with no plug-ins running. Now I don't by any means have an under powered system, and I tried reducing the amount of cores I was using, and I also reduced the max CPU usage down to 65%. Nothing changed. I'm absolutely stumped. If anyone could be of some assistance that would be amazing, this error is the bain of my existence at the moment ):