View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Problem installing PT LE on XP: small gray screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
When I downloaded PT8, it was ZIPPED and still wouldn't all fit on a 4.7gb DVD. So the big question....when you look at the file, does it have a .zip extension? If so, you need to right click and "extract all" and THEN install it.

Don't expect PT to run well (not even for one track) without that dedicated audio drive, though. IF that 500GB drive is FIREWIRE, you can always either reformat it, or partition it and format one of the partitions NTFS and record to that. But be aware that USB externals are not supported.
Haha, I know what a zip file is. I just didn't realize what he was asking me. Which I get now...

The answer is, I physically bought my Mbox2 Mini with the PT install disc. I did not download the installer.

Which brings me to my next questions...

I heard that when you buy PT 8.0 on disc, you also have the ability to download the software instead. I looked everywhere on the digi site, can't find anything. I already registered at digidesign.com/reg

So is it possible that I can download an installer from digi? This should rule out a bad DVD.

Oh, and I just updated to SP3 and the latest nVidia drivers. Same problem.

Once I get PT working I will work on getting my external drive reformatted. I will probably do the dual partition thing.... The drive is both firewire or USB. And I realize PT on windows does not like USB drives. I do have a firewire port on my mobo. I promise that I won't come back here asking for help because I'm trying to work off of my main drive.