View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 09:47 AM

Default Re: DIGI 002 and OSX 10.9 Mavericks

I have been working on getting my DIGI002 working with Pro Tools 11.1.1 and I now have OSX 10.9.1 There was a lot of fiddling with the sound and Audio/Midi setup and the hardware and playback configuration in Pro Tools. I installed the drivers mentioned here, and it works for a while then Pro Tools either crashes or I get the famous stop and play blinking button that doesn't work. Last week I got pops and crackles on any recordings done, but now with the new Pro Tools update, that seems to be solved. I was considering going back to OSX 10.9 but I am not sure how to and it might screw up some of my other software. And I am not sure if this would make a difference to the new Pro Tools, despite it being touted as only supported on OSX 10.9 Funny thing, but the flying faders on the console actually work when it does run! I hope that AVID does not leave us older hardware people behind. I have invested a lot of time and money over the years since the first Audiomedia cards in Digidesign and Avid, and it is environmentally unsound and bad business to leave legacy owners behind when there is nothing wrong with their gear!