View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools "quits unexpectedly"

Pro tools quits unexpectedly "solution"

At least it was for me, and it was NOT found on THIS site by my eyeballs, but I will be corrected I am sure. But it bears mentioning NONE THE LESS!

Recent Mac systems operate with a 64bit processor by default, and Pro Tools is a 32Bit program. They will "somewhat" work together for a week or so, but with some wonky results. DAW errors, tracking lines are off by an inch, and eventually the crashes come on

To put your Mac in 32 bit mode, hold down the "3" and the "2" key together while booting up. It will stay in 32 bit mode from then on.

To go back to 64bit mode, hold down the "6" and the "4" at the same time while booting up and you are back(why, I dont know, if you are using pro tools)

That took me 2 weeks to solve, but my updated LE8.0.4cs is working like a champ.

I dont wanna be a geek, I just wanna make music....

Adam
http://www.youtube.com/user/tx644

Mac I7, 2.93ghz, 4GB ram, MBox2

P.S.//// 32 bit mode only uses so much RAM, so if you have 4 GB of ram, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO! Do not waste your money on bigger chips(like I Did)

Until you are running 64bit Music Software, save your money for bribing the A&R guy's friend's friend. LOL