View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 02:38 PM

Default Re: New Plugin Alliance plugin - SSL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
Thanks for posting this thread, MusicMan. I was curious as well, and stay clear of FB.

I just got the E-Channel console last weekend. I, too, wonder now if they are going to look at these as totally separate plugs pricing-wise or if he will give the current owners some sort of break on the new one. I doubt I would expect free as being realistic. I'm not really sure what would be fair in this situation. There is an additional licensing factor at play here, too. Has to affect $$ in some way. No idea how much.
I'm hoping (as are a lot of others) that the 'new/official' E channel will be free for those of us that purchased it the last weekend in June. If purchased earlier than that I could see a small upgrade charge similar like what they did when Dent2/Indent2 dropped for owners of the original version/s.

Something I have to bring up is will the official SSL branded version take over seamlessly for the original? IOW if there's a session with the original version would that session see the new one as a replacement without the end user doing anything? I'm going on the assumption here that both versions won't or can't coexist.

QAPLA!