Thread: Come On 20.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Come On 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
My desire doesn't need to be credible, logical or realistic. It's a desire, not a prophecy.
True your desire does not need have to those things in it . On the other hand desires that are illogical, not credible, and not realistic, tend to work into and manifest as fantasy, obsession, compulsion, or a mix there of

Quote:
A mandatory paid subscription to receive bugfixes is bonkers, and people who defend it belong into some kind of asylum if you ask me (which hardly anybody does, and that is fine, too.)
Except you are confusing "defending it" with simply not "desiring the company go down" because of it . So no wonder hardly anybody asks ....

Quote:
I don't know how well thought through your stance is, if you're okay with paying Avid for (not even) quarterly bugfix releases. But I'm starting to form an opinion.
Of course you are because you don't see the blatant irony coming from someone who thinks it's " bonkers" to pay a subscription to get bugfix's,,,, YET continues to choose to do so (you do see the irony don't you ?)
Someone who isn't taking the obvious step to stop using and monetarily supporting Avid products they feel are "bonkers" to pay for, and then chooses to be upset at Avid about having made that choice for themselves BTW again I am not defending Avid's business choices, I am questioning the logic/validity of your perspective about it .

Also to clarify the subscription fee is for bugfixes and feature updates, not just bugfixe's , yet another example of a skewed perspective.

Quote:
However, this is a forum. People share opinions. I don't like people, you don't like opinions that differ from yours. Let's both deal with it.
Actually I have no problem with differing opinions. I also have no problem questioning the validity of opinions that appear ill-conceived . Because I've lived long enough to understand everyone having the right to an opinion, is not the same thing as all opinions being equally valid.

And I have lived long enough to understand that choosing to cling to negative energy is and waste of energy and a self induced type of suffering.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 03-15-2020 at 03:51 PM.