View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Newbie season upon us aka zero system info

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Fellow DUC'ers:
Seen quite a few threads here the last couple of days with new posters who give little or no system info whether in the question being asked or on their profile pages. People with maybe one or two posts. Seems endemic at this time of year as people get new computers or are new to PT. I know this has been railed about before but why does it keep repeating like a bad meal?

I know one suggested remedy is that new posters have to read the 'Help Us To Help You' before they can post. I'd like to suggest a couple of other remedies: how about having a mandatory section that must be filled out with system info? Another is like some forums do with new posters is to have a certain number of posts vetted by a moderator before the post appears on the forum? This way a moderator can check that there's proper system info given before said post goes live.
It's always a tradeoff. Do we want to present all information to new users to begin with or do we want to get new users running things smoothly to begin with? There is no guarantee a newbie actually READS the information provided, you know...