View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 01:24 AM

Default Re: best drum trigger for EZDrummer, Reason, or Addictive Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy35 View Post
I would go with mesh heads if possible. I realize they're more expensive, but drummers will appreciate these for sure. I bought some mesh heads from Hart (who make them for the Roland V Drum kits) and they rule! I also use a Trigger Finger, as i'm not a drummer either, and it's great. Yes, a pain to program the first time, but way better than playing beats on a keyboard! Pretty cheap as well. The DM5 IMHO is outdated as far as the sounds and I noticed that the note length is not assignable either, so when you see the MIDI notes in PT they are tiny circles with X's in them! Sure you can go back and change the note durations in PT, but....
Anyone using the Alesis I/O MIDI thing?

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfri...ace?sku=449754
I just got the Alesis Trigger IO and at first, was going to return it. It was not working well with Battery at all. Could not get the settings dialed in to get that "feel". Well, I changed my mind after installing the BFD Lite software that came with it. It's actually pretty good now! My triggers are also Alesis DM10 triggers so take that into account.

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub