View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Static noise with MP9 Win7

No response from Avid other than (post a Sandra report)? Here are the steps I took to attempt to correct this problem:

*Reinstalled the MP 9.05 update (since no method appears to exist to remove it and restore to version 9.

*Update my audio interface driver.

*Install new USB Cable to audio interface.

*De frag primary OS and secondary hard drives manually (they are set to do this automatically every Wednesday of Every week, forever).

*Increase buffer to 1024 and CPU allocation to 90%.

Static bug still exists and interferes with recording process. Its a different topic for a different thread, but I should also note that this version of Pro Tools MP 9 is incapable of bouncing anything more than 6 tracks of audio without a warning message that it's out of CPU and to remove some plugins.

So that's it. If "post a Sandra report" or not responding at all is Avid's solution to this problem, I'm done. That's it. I have another DAW that I can use and there are competing products that don't require an iLok nor have bugs show up after a software update, are reported in a forum, and users don't get stone walled for over a month on a fix. You won't fix it? I won't use it. Luckily, I didn't have thousands of dollars invested in a big studio Mixing board and Pro Tools HD 10, like the commercial studios in other forums struggling with problems you can't or won't fix.
Pro Tools version- Pro Tools MP 9 (Crashes Windows 8 every time)
Amount of RAM installed- 8GB
Recordings done on USB 2.0 external hard drive, 500GB.
99% disc space free.

If you listen to metal, you need to hear DARK BLU
http://darkblu.com/MEDIA.html