View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 07:55 AM

Default Re: what kind of external hard drive for protools ?

well I use glyph externals... but I don't use externals for my audio drive. I have an internal raptor drive 10K... the newer velociraptor drive would be great with Pro tools... it would put it in a good case to get the full benefit... which external case is the best??? I an not sure. I also have a few Granite Digital cases. Old school digital audio company, known to be robust, powerful, run cool, but not cheap... like a hundred bucks per case vs the 30 deals you can find... Maybe there are other good cases. . . but after 3 Lacies went bad on me 2 in the same month I am still not over the shock and stick with the best i can afford...

Roctstor seems very good for the price point. I think if running audio was my goal, off an external i would choose glyph. They are very well aware of pro tools and qualify and test the drives with it. I think thats rare.

I would personally use and internal Velociraptor for audio... expensive drive. . but no case so if you were gonna a get a good reliable case then internal is about a hundred bucks cheaper... Glyph external vs Velociraptor internal... Still Velociraptor internal for me...