View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Porr mans HD rig with PT 7 (revisited)

I'm more thinkign abotu the cost of the core cards. lol.. im sure i cna get it at a great price comparied to normal sale price.. but its still going to be alot... And also... your not going to get a quad dual core system. lol... The Opterons that allow you do get a quad board will cost around 2.5k each. lol.. so if your going to spend 10k on the chips for yoru system you might as well jsut go HD3 and put it in yoru current computer. Unless you are talking about the Opteron 280's which are around 1k each.... you can get a full system with those for around 3.5k... I'm not thinking of going THAT crazy if i did this though... An Athlon 4400+ is probably the highest i would go since it would double the preformance i get now(3700+... a 4400+ is 2 3700+ cores)... And i was just looking at the older TDM stuf.. it seems that you can only record at 48khz with them.. unless im mistaken... but i don't think i woudl use more then that anyways... Becasue i was looking on ebay and you can get a core card and like 5 mix farm cards for the price of 1 new HD core... I'm nto sure how the power of them comparing to each other works out.. but i woudl assume that the older system woudl be more powerfull with a total of 6 cards... But if it can't do PT7 it will defeat the whole purpose... Whatever...

Jonny