View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Buy Pro Tools 11 question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I'm reading this a couple of different ways.

If your asking if you can separate the PT10 assets from the PT11 asset the answer would be no - Its a bundled license. If your asking can you have more that one PT11 asset registered to your iLok account the answer is yes. You can have multiple assets of any plug. The caveat there is that ou can only have one copy of a specific license on a single key. EG you could have PT8, PT9, PT10 and PT11 assets on the same key. You couldn't have two copies of any one license on the same key. So it you have two PT11 assets you would need two separate iLoks to download them too.

So if your asking can you have two PT11 assets on The same key the answer would be no. But you could buy two upgrades and simply let one sit in your iLok account until your ready to download it to a extra iLok key.

If your asking if the webstore will let you upgrade or cross grade twice from a earlier version of PT the answer would be no. The upgrade would require you to surrender your existing PT9 or PT 10 asset during the upgrade. If you are doing the PTLE Hardware to PT11 Crossgrade then you can only use the serial number once.

As mentioned for PT11 the iLok v2 is required.

Hopefully that covers all the angles.
Hi Scott,
sorry for my English to bad communication but I understand for your answer.

Best Regards,
Kai
Phuketfantasea
Phuket Thailand.
Phuket Thailand

1.Pro Tools 11.0.2 003Rack Mac Pro OS X 10.8.4 8Gb Ram
2.Pro Tools 11.0.2 003Rack Mac Pro OS X 10.8.4 8Gb Ram