View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 11:08 AM

Default Pro Tools has become a nightmare (Windows)

I really don't know what Mac users' experience currently is but on my Windows system, this DAW has become a nightmare.

There are a lot of random bugs, sometimes the playback won't work anymore and the worst bug I've had so far is when PT says it doesn't have enough CPU power to run (asks me to deactivate plugins) while the CPU meter in PT is peggin at 100% and my taskmanager is only reporting 2-3%. After closing and reopening Pro Tools it is gone.

I'm really wondering where all the great improvements have gone to because if the DAW keeps working like this, I'll have to consider something like Studio One or Cubase.

What still baffles me to this day is that many many changes you do within the DAW while editing a session are irreversible, like there is no editing history of it. In most other daws, you can reverse every change you've done.

I just lose a lot of time on bugs and issues the DAW creates and nobody is paying me for that while I have to invest so much money every year on Ultimate to just get some small feature updates while so many things are left unattended. I feel like I'm wasting my money here and time increasingly.