Thread: New Pricing
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 11:57 AM

Default What's going on? Renewal is now DOUBLE the price?

WTF?
I just went in to renew and it's 199 USD plus the 10% au tax is 322 Australian dollars! For just one year of software that is not getting updated anywhere near as often as promised or any new features?

I can't afford that every year when this is not my business.

And i thought steinberg upgrade prices were bad.

What happened to the $99 renewal?

Well, I'm out. Avid just lost another customer.

If I pay that much it's like I am rewarding them for not adding folders which were promised for *2018* and it's almost 2020.. Still well below average audio quantise cause they refuse to write one line of code to put the radius setting back where it used to be (x form), and so on.

Not gonna fall for this BS anymore. I could stomach 100 USD a year to stay current but now with the AUD falling every month I just can't stomach double that.

Looks like I am looking for a new DAW again. Thanks AVID! And maybe think people would be happy to pay for it if you delivered the goods.

I have this horrible feeling that avid just think people will pay cause they are stuck in the pro tools eco system for their studio, and well, screw the user.

Not happy.

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 11-22-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Merged with existing thread on same topic.