View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools + ASIO4ALL = Lag so bad I can't record

Hey I've been having this problem as well. My windows surface studio laptop has Quad-core 11th Gen Intel® Core™ H35 i5-11300H Processor Quad-core 11th Gen Intel® Core™ H35 i7-11370H Processor, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM and i have been using it for a very long time with no issues. Pro tools has been running like a beast and I was so happy until I downloaded ASIO4ALL.... this problem happened to me a few times actually. Similar thing happened when I had my older surface book laptop and I downloaded ASIO4ALL and it started getting REALLLYYYY slow, to the point where I can't mix/record, and i just thought it was my outdated laptop at the time so I was really happy when i got my new laptop, it was running super well until i downloaded ASIO4ALL and then it got super slow. I even uninstalled it from my computer and protools still was never the same, so I was actually able to restore my computer to an earlier version from a few days prior of downloading ASIO4ALL and all of the sudden it started working flawlessly........fast forward to now, I tried downloading ASIO Link Pro to connect my DAW to audio streaming platforms, and before i did it i was so skeptical because i didnt want that to happen. unfortunately that screwed up my pro tools as well. same issue and same headache. I hate it. I cant even restore my laptop to an earlier day because it doesnt give me that option anymore. i might have to reset my pc entirely.

were you able to figure this out? i know im 4 years late but im sure ppl have ran into this as well. or hoping you knew how to fix it. seems like ASIO programs suck ***** and hates protools because it still haunts it even after i uninstalled it. I even uninstalled pro tools and reinstalled and it still sucks