View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 02:49 PM

Default Re: AAE 9173, close to a solution !!!

Hey,

just wanted to let you know that I may have found a solution for my specific Setup and Problem.

To be honest it is something that was mentioned a few times.

First i tried out to deactivate a few Power Settings in the Advanced Energy Tabs like turning the Option under PCI-Express of.

That was a small help. But the 9173 Error still occured.

Then I got a Tip from Sweetwater where to look for my EIST Setting. Never found these Setting in my Manual of the Mainboard cause there was no mentioning of Speedstep or EIST.

On my Board (Gigabyte H77D3H) it was hidden in M.I.T. -> Advanced Frequency Settings -> Advanced CPU Core Features.

After deactivating that stuff and loading a Session which cause the 9173 Error at 35% CPU Load I was able to play that Session without any trouble. Then I took some Plugins to push the CPU a bit more. (4x FGX, 8x D-Verb and 8x H-Delay). The FGX was pushing the CPU to over 60% the CPU Load display started jumping occassional to 100% but without any Error Message. I only got the Error 9173 again when the CPU Load hitted 75%.
Hopefully I have gotten rid of the 9173 Error and somebody is finding this helpful.

But the Question what stays is why a mixture of 3rd Party Plugins is making Pro Tools stopping at 35% with EIST /Speedstep enabled and just Pro Tools Plugs are making it up to 80%.

Heavy Greetz