View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 01:59 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Default OK, but seriously, OFFLINE BOUNCE!

So I finished mixing an album this afternoon. I thought hey, I'll just print a few stem files this evening.

I went out, listened to the mixes in the car, made some final changes, and started to print stems.

I'M STILL PRINTING STEMS!

This is a job that should take about 1 hour. In real time, it is now about 3 hours and counting. I now understand fully why more people are leaving PT when time is an issue.

I have done some advertising, some mixing of cartoons, but it was all on DP with offline bounce. Now that I think back, I would probably still be printing those stem files.

I understand that old code must be a PITA to work with, but offline bounce seems like a no brainer these days. I have heard the argument about listening to your mix ect ect ect ect......I still do, and I did before. Only with offline boucne, I listen to it before I FTP it to a mastering house. Not while I print it, then check the final, then realize oops, then fix, then listen to the mix, then check the final........

I could buss things out, but in these mixes I don't have any extra busses left. PITA

Seriously,

It's time to get into the new age.

Charge me 200 dollars, I don't care. I just lost valuable sleeping time, and much needed rest before tomorrows session starts.

Did I mention that I typed all of this while I was waiting for the Guitar Stem to be finished.

Kris
May the music move you