View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 05:03 PM

Default Dialogue Assembly / Conform

Hello fellow DUCers.

Here's a question that I know has been asked before, but I'm having trouble finding an answer for this specifically.

I'm starting an Indi film, and am going through the AAF they provided. They edited off of some mix track that wasn't even the mix track off of the production sound mixer's files.

Editors exported an EDL and provided all of the production audio to me, but I’m not able to re-link the actual poly files to their edit either through EdiLoad or using the field recorder workflow in PT. Field recorder workflow looks like it's just matching it to many duplicates of the same track.

The poly files from production have lots of metadata and the splits sound so much better than the files they’re using in the AAF, but it’d take years to hand sync based on the naming discrepancies. Is there any way to create a pro tools session with every production audio file, spot to original timecode or something, and then conform those to the AAF? Any other option?

I can provide EDLs, screenshots, or whatever anybody might need to give me a helping hand. I'm not opposed to buying reasonably priced software if it'll for sure get the job done, too.

Thanks in advance!!

-Ryan

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system

Last edited by Ryan Young; 11-16-2019 at 06:28 PM.