View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 03:59 PM

Default Re: New Hackintosh / PT7 monster HD PCI Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennieh View Post
I have one minor little annoyance, which is that randomly when I boot up the ilok doesn't light up, also PT loses contact with my MAudio midi controller occassionally and I have a USB cue light which presents itself as a HUI device to protools, and PT loses contact with this also? Any ideas? Power management is all turned off ( i.e all the flags to allow the computer to power of idle USB devices...)
I'm running a chain of about 3 to 5 usb repeaters a total of 30 ft or so from the machine. At the other end is a usb hub that connects the keyboard, mouse, and a few other small devices (i.e. ilok, kensington dial, etc.)

HACKINTOSH > USB 2.0 PORT > USB REPEATER CABLE > USB REPEATER CABLE > USB REPEATER CABLE > BELKIN POWERED 7 PORT USB HUB > MOUSE/KEYBOARD, ETC.

The keyboard and mouse work but keep dropping out, and its as if they're not getting enough power... even though the usb hub is powered. Is there anything that can be done about this? When I swap the hackintosh (jetway board) for a Mac Pro G5, there's no more problem with any usb devices dropping out, even at the long distance.

Is it an issue with this board? Are the g5 pro usb ports stronger or have a higher voltage or something?

Sounds like it could be a problem similar to one you're having, lennieh.... let me know if you've had any luck