View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Midas M32 as Control Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermid View Post
I did notice that if I have a stereo channel in PT, Midas sees that as one channel. So when you pan it only pans the left panner.
Yeah the pan on a stereo channel only moves the left channel and skips the right so that kinda sucks.
Why they couldn't implement a pan the way we would like it by selecting a channel and panning is odd but
part of it is that the one fader in remote daw controls one mono or stereo pro tools track so if they put a pan for that it would only control one side of the stereo pan like we are seeing.

Quote:
I noticed that if you are in Group DCA 1-8. The first DCA will move channel input one, if you move the DCA fader, why? Are the DCA Groups stereo channels?
Not sure what you mean here, DCAs on the board are so you can group channels like DCA fader 1 to your drum channels 1-8 etc
to control the level of the drums on the one DCA fader but the linked faders don't fiscally move when you move the DCA fader.

Quote:
Also, if remote is off and you select MTX 1-6, the seventh fader's scribble strip is black, why?
Because there are only 6 matrixes

Quote:
If you are in remote mode, and use MTX 1-6 and hit the Fader Flip button you can't turn it off, unless you click another bank.
You just have to hit the bus 9-16 or matrix button to get out of fader flip when in remote daw mode. Fader flip only shows you that you are
touching a fader by lighting up the mute button, I guess if you are mixing in the dark in remote daw mode that would be useful but you loose the mute button functionality so it is just plain silly.

One thing that is odd when you assign the assign buttons for things like pan and shuttle they work even when remote daw is not selected.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 5,1 12 core 3.46ghz
GPU RX6800XT, Samsung 970 EVO Plus pcie boot drive, Titan Ridge flashed for Mac.
Midas M32r console. iPad Pro with Avid Control

Last edited by lancemcv; 06-13-2019 at 03:55 PM.