View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
The angst is this. Opening up additional voices isn't something that costs Avid a penny. Every other DAW in existence has opened up close to a thousand tracks. It just feels like such a money grab. Also, define 'most of us'. These days I wouldn't be surprised if the Post market comprised a lot larger segment than you think, as a lot of music people may well have moved off to Nuendo, Logic, Reaper, etc... but those of us in post-production sound are still very much tied to ProTools whether we like it or not.

It feels to me like opening up voices to make ProTools simply compare to other DAWs isn't a 'feature' that I should be expected to pay for. I just paid $399 for a year of subscription and honestly the ONLY thing I even think I got for that was to able to search the plugins. Worth $400? yeah, no.

You know how Avid could make money? MPGA (Make Protools Great Again). Maybe we should make hats. Put in the features the people have been asking for for TWENTY YEARS. Make it stable. Make it so randomly my entire audio engine doesn't randomly assign all channels to various outputs, sometimes summing everything to the left channel, sometimes it's a grab bag. Make the CPU spikes stop. Folder tracks, marker improvements, folders in the region list...

Make it so people WANT to come to ProTools instead of constantly threatening to flee to the nearest other DAW. You make money when people WANT to use your software, not when they have to.
as i have said before.. not logic.. so not ever other daw i history.