View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 12:36 AM

Default Metering On D-Command

Hey Everyone,
I'm having some issues with the output metering on my D-Command. My issue is when I'm playing audio form an external source ie ableton or itunes through my apollo 16 connected to the main input on the xmon the meters see 0 as -6. As in if im playing a test tone out of ableton at 0dBfs the meters hit 0 in ableton and on the apollo but -6 on the d-command output meters. All of my equipment is running at +4dBu and im running the apollo directly into the xmon for testing purposes. I also have a denon dn-500av that feeds the atl input on the xmon via +4dBu Direct XLR to DB25 if I play that same test tone the metes hit -6 where as if they were matching up with everything else they should be hitting 0right? I have tested to ensure there isnt anything going on with the xmon cutting my level. The Level coming out of my apollo and the level coming out of the xmon when set to unity is exactly the same. I have done lots of testing to confirm this. Its just the visual level of the metes but at the end of the day I would like them to be accurate.

Please help. I fill like this is something really stupid I'm missing.
Thanks for your time.