Thread: Track RENDER
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Track RENDER

First off, maybe review the steps because I don't understand how your tracks don't start at zero if you followed my steps. Having said that, it less important that they all start at zero, but crucial that they all start at the exact same time(whatever that time is). Next, if they all start at the same time, do they all start on a grid line? That is not a show-stopper if they don't, BUT, if they do, and you note the tempo, then the next studio will have an easier time if any editing is needed.

Now, since the original post was from 9 years ago, there has been a lot of improvement in Pro Tools and I see you are on 2018.10. Here is what I would do today(9 years ago was another story);
1-Save a session copy(so you can't screw up the original)
2-If you have a rough mix that conveys the spirit of what you want, bounce and Import After Bounce(to a new track) so the person mixing has a reference of what you are going for(once this bounce is imported onto a new track, label it so mixer knows what it is)
3-Decide what(if any) plugin processing you want to make a permanent part of any of your tracks. Remove all other plugins. The use the Commit Up To This Plugin feature to render/print an audio file WITH the desired processing
4- Enable the ALL group, click and drag from past the end of the song, all they way back to zero, and consolidate(now all the audio files start together)
5-Since the files are going to a different DAW, double-click and rename the audio files so the kick drum audio file is called Kick Drum instead of Kick_108....... or even worse, Audio46_56.CM...... That way, the mixing person knows exactly what each and every track is.
6-open the Clips bin and swipe across all your tracks(in the EDIT window) to highlight ALL the audio files you need, and ONLY the audio files you need, then Export Clips as Files. I would first create a folder(probably on the desktop) for each song. And, each folder would be named "the song_110BPM"(using the real song name and actual tempo, if it was done to a click). Burn those folders onto a DVD-R or copy them to a portable drive so you can hand them off to your mixer

If you're still confused, don't be afraid to ask the mixing person for advice, but be aware that they may have some different terms(Consolidate vs. Render, Clip vs File, etc). I would export files at the original session settings(IOW, 24 bit/48K, or whatever). The mixer can choose to change the sample rate if they want

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave