View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 04:51 AM

Default Re: mobo's with perfect HD/HDX compatibility? Win10 cubase multicore issue also with

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
maybe they implemented a hack on the systems you saw.
Interesting idea, however 2 of the systems I am referring to, I own (I'm posting this message from a 32 thread workstation). I also do animation and CG effects. All run windows 10 pro (no hacks) with my programs from 3DMax, lightwave 3D, houdini FX, E-on Vue, and a few others. On this (32 thread) and my render node (64 thread) I have run renders within a single instance of the app using 100% of all threads for months at a time. I might try and install PT2018 on this 32 core temporally and see how it plays with more than your mentioned 28 limit. The 64 thread currently is in a render that will not be done anytime soon. So, if there is any truth (not calling anyone a liar) it must be under very specific circumstances because I have been busting that "limit" daily since win10 came out.

Would just really like to know how many threads I can throw at PT and it be beneficial against the trade off of clock speed, is it better to only have 20ish cores of higher clocks, or 4x the threads with slightly lower clocks. I already have 1 HDX card and plan to pick up a sound grid extreme in a month or 2, but sadly still have plenty of non-dsp plugins and VI's that suck up power that unless there is something I don't know, must rely on the hosts CPU(s).
Avid S3 Control Surface
Avid Dock w/iPad Interface
Avid Eleven Rack (Guitar & Windows Audio)
Genelec 8351A SAM Monitors
JBL LRS-308 Monitors
Dangrous Monitor ST Controler
Akai MPK249 Keyboard
ProTools 2018 HD
Cakewalk SONAR Platinum
EastWest Full Sound Library (1.3TB+)
Various Other Sound Libraries (400GB+)
Waves Murcery Bundle
Slate Digital Everything Bundle
Akai MPC Essentials
Adobe CC Suite