View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 04:48 PM

Default PT 7.3/Mbox Pro 2 Sound Input/Output Issues

Hello All,

I've been trying to get my PT 7.3/Mbox Pro 2 to work for the past weekend and I have been unsucccesful. I've installed the software and drivers per the startup guide and have done the computer optimization as stated and when I've started the software up, I have not been able to detect any inputs like my keyboard or a mic. I've also installed the demo to see if there's any outputs coming from my monitors and again there's no sound. In the software, i'm not even seeing the green volume bar located in each track move at all meaning i'm not detecting any of my inputs. I've tried changing from different analog inputs and outputs and have even messed with the I/O configuration but that did not work. I have indeed changed my windows audio setup to use the mbox as my sound card and have even disabled my computer's sound card but that did not change things. When I unplug the firewire connection from the Mbox to the computer, I could hear my keyboard and mic working fine from the monitors. I'm not sure if this is a firmware or driver issue as it seems that when I plug it into my computer it stops working. Also, could it be that i'm using a 6pin to 4pin firewire adapter since that is all my computer has. I'm not sure if this will affect it since all I thought that affected was power to the Mbox. I don't know. Any help would be appreciated. My computer configuration is below. Thanks again!

HP Laptop PC
Windows XP Professional OS Version 2002 Service Pack2
Intel P4 Processor 3.06 GHz
512 MB of DDR
80 GB HD with an external 300 GB HD attached.
Contains a single 4-pin firewire port (bought 4-to-6 pin firewire converter)
Contains 4 USB ports
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600