View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Protools Owners: Beware of Newegg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That's the thing with you - you build computers so you need a reliable source. Most of us aren't in that business, even as a sideline so parts availability isn't that big a priority. I'm not knocking what you do and please understand that; it's just that your needs and mine are quite different.

The upshot of this whole saga is to be aware of who charges sales tax and who doesn't.

So far we've been mostly dealing with hardware. I wonder where software comes into this since most developers have their place of offices in one place and don't have distribution centers like Amazon but web shops like Audio Deluxe.
That is point in saying that I would not be worried about Sweetwater, it is just not on that level of online sales. I purchase quite a bit of PT licenses, interfaces, etc for "turnkey systems." I also do a lot of audio system installs for the city and other businesses, so I order a lot of eqpt. through online music store retailers and there is so much more competition and places to choose from. Guitar Center/Musicians Friend dwarf Sweetwater in sales. Its surprising Musicians friend still gets away without charging tax......

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10