View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Protools Owners: Beware of Newegg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
about 60% of what I buy is the same price with Newegg or Amazon. about 30% Newegg is cheaper and about 10% Amazon is cheaper. Newegg excels at details for researching parts and getting specs. Amazon is useless if you trying to get information or compare parts. I have also been stiffed by 3rd party amazon retailers selling me (for instance) 4 year old n.o.s. hard drives with no actual warranty except DOA and not having any of that information as you purchase. You have to be very caeful when it comes to their 3rd party retailers. Amazon's only real perk is shipping speed for the price. I spend 6 digits a year on parts, so I am a bit familiar with the different options!

My Sweetwater rep (Zach I think) calls me unsolicited a few times a year. You may deal with them enough to where they don't bother.
That's the thing with you - you build computers so you need a reliable source. Most of us aren't in that business, even as a sideline so parts availability isn't that big a priority. I'm not knocking what you do and please understand that; it's just that your needs and mine are quite different.

The upshot of this whole saga is to be aware of who charges sales tax and who doesn't.

So far we've been mostly dealing with hardware. I wonder where software comes into this since most developers have their place of offices in one place and don't have distribution centers like Amazon but web shops like Audio Deluxe.

QAPLA!