View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 09:49 AM

Default Re: From 9 upgrade ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
I do find it disappointing for one who has been loyal customer for many years from 7,8, & 9 is offered the same price as for someone who never purchased before (NEW), @ $299, subscription that is.

I would have liked the $299 to own out right, and be okay with running whatever version that it lapsed too. But to freeze after a year is not cool for a loyal customer...
You are still lumping Perpetual and Subscription together even though they are different.

Think of it like owning (perpetual) vs renting (subscription).

When you own something (perpetual) you can use it forever.

When you rent something (subscription) you can only use it if you continue paying for it.

So if you bought the Subscription you are referring to that would stop working after 12 months (you would need to subscribe again to continue using it).
Quote:
...I would have liked the $299 to own out right, and be okay with running whatever version that it lapsed too...
That's what the upgrade does. Since you own a perpetual license you can upgrade that to the current version for $299. A new perpetual license is $599 so it's half price for existing perpetual license owners to get the current version with a year of releases (and the license never expires).