View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 08:07 AM

Default Re: D command ES with PT BASIC question

Everyone has their own workflow, and there are a generation of mixers who are wicked fast on the D-Command, so it's a great option. But some of my impressions:

Cons:

-D-Command wheel doesn't have "Move Sel" as far as I can tell, which is incredibly fast and useful on the Dock.

-soft key for Preview is buried, and if I remember correctly, "Write to selected" is not even on the same menu (wtf?)

-for tweaking plug-ins, there are more knobs on D-Command, but a lot less feedback. It's easy and fast to go through pages of plug-in parameters on Dock. Labeling is dynamic, feedback is better. iPad is more complicated, but it does A LOT. There are edit functions on the iPad that D-Command never dreamed of having.

-D-Command functions are pretty much fixed and not customizable like they are on S3/Dock.

Pros:

-D-Command is more rugged than S3

-D-Command has automatch arrows on each fader (which I desperately need on S3).

-dedicated Trim buttons per fader.

Tough call! It really depends on how you work and how important software updates and support are to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroomstudio View Post
Hi Nathaniel !
Thanks for your’kind reply...
Is the fact to have a iPad + a s3 is not more complicated than the command es ?
I was wondering about the plug ins integration ... the s3 seems less intuitive on the side ?
(Vu meter is NOT important for me btw)

Could you elaborate a bit more ?(I would really appreciate this)
What would be the positive/negative of each solution ...for you ?
Without talking about an old piece of gear / support and of course the Ultimate liscence I need to get )
Thanks !

Phil’