View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 PM

Default Screen freeze, control 24 offline and RTAS overload messages fresh Leopard- PT8

Hi,

Having had a few issues last week with the control 24 scribble strips flickering and getting RTAS overload messages, which I thought could be related to Leopard being installed over Tiger. I have done a clean install of Leopard and PT8 and only using compatible and latest versions of plugins.

About once every few hours or so everything completely freezes for about 10 seconds, the control 24 faders go down, then the control 24 has lost ethernet connection error message appears, then the RTAS overload message then eventually it all starts to work again. If I’m on the desktop at the time the mouse even freezes there as well, so not just in PT does it freeze.

The control 24 is connected directly to the mac (not connected through a network hub for checking)

Everything is working 100% in 7.4 on Tiger and I worked all day Saturday like this no problems at all.

Possibly related? When I minimize PT to go to the desktop etc. I noticed that PT will often stop sending the signal from Q-Capture to my outboard EQ after a while. This doesn’t happen in 7.4 and tiger! Once I maximize PT again and press play Q-capture starts to send a signal again??

Same 2 rtas plugs i always use for mastering Waves L3-16 and PSP Neon HR, 2 processors and the CPU meter jumping up and down like a yoyo!

Lost on this one can't think of anything else to try!! back to 7.4 i guess

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.