View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 04:55 AM

Default Re: USB ports on 24/7 - Is it ok for Mbox3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghor View Post
When I shut down my PC computer (see my specs) with Win10 the USB ports are still on. I use Mbox3 and I am wondering if its ok year after year to let power on my interface.

I have tried to shut down my usb ports on my PC, but I really don't find how to do it in my BIOS or Windows 10 configurations. Can someone, please, answer the 2 questions. My motherboard is GA-Z87N-WIFI (rev. 2).

1) Is ok to let usb port on 24/7?
2) How to them (usb ports) turn them off at the same time I shut down my PC?

Thank You!
well no, it's not a *good* thing to keep the mbox powered up 24.7

Some ports do this on my imac pro with the thunderbolt 3 hub, so i turn off my ups physically that the imac pro is plugged into.

All the drives stay on for some reason, but they do seem to go to sleep. Since i doubt the mbox has it's own sleep feature, it would likely "just be on" 24/7. Have you touched it to see if it gets warm when the computer is off?

personally i'd be turning off my computer at the wall or simply unplugging the mbox.. I mean how hard can it be to remove the usb cable from the back of the mbox if you are not going to be using it that day.