View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Two aggregated interfaces plus two ADATs. Is it possible?

sorry to restart this thread with a slightly different theme, but since it relates I didn't want to start a new thread for fear of angering some of those above.....

I have been trying to create an aggregate with my TF5 and UR44, the reason is to connect a MIDI trigger to the MIDI ports on the UR44. I have an old Novation ReMOTE 25 and although it has a USB port my MBP doesn't seem to want to recognise it. However if I put through the MIDI ports on the UR44 works fine.

When I create an aggregate everything seems to look fine Audio MIDI Setup. I start up PT and firstly make sure the aggregate is selected in the play back engine. Go to I/O and can't find the UR44 anywhere...

what I have tried
* Now I did see a post some months ago about this and did spend some time trying to locate that thread before posting here so apologies if have upset someone for posting here.

* I have also tried creating various aggregates (singles) especially where the UR44 is concerned it seems to work fine. Just can't seem to run the two together. So Darryl's post above seems ominous but maybe there is something I could try.

I was thinking is there a way of making PT see the UR44 first as the first 6 I/O's and the TF5 taking up the rest. I assume the MIDI would be available if the UR44 is available in any case since it is only a trigger and doesn't need an input.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————