View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 CPU Overload

Ok sorry for the lack of detail. Here we go.

Operating System is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

The actual message that pops up is this. "You are running out of CPU power. Remove some native plug ins or increase the CPU usage limit in the playback engine dialog. (-9128)"

My Playback Engine settings are as follow:

Komplete Audio 6 Driver
H/W Buffer 128 samples
Host Processors 4
CPU usage limit 95%
Host Engine box is unchecked
Delay Compensation engine none
Plug In Streaming buffer 250ms Level 2

For the Komplete Audio Interface Driver version 3.0.2 37 Firmware version
In the interface contol panel the settings are as follows
Audio Processing
44100Hz Sample rate
128 samples Process Buffer
2ms USB Buffer
Device Monitor
Streaming Processing state
8.3 ms output latency
Direct monitoring
Monitor status is off

As of right now my software, Pro Tools 10 ver10.0.0, Kontakt 5 64bit ver 5.0.3.5812, Guitar Rig 5 ver 5.1 runs off of my C drive which is a
Seagate ST750LX003 Momentus XT 750GB Solid State Hybrid Drive - 750GB, SATA 6Gb/s, 7200RPM, 32M, 2.5". All sample libraries for Kontakt5 are on the C drive as of right now.

I have an external drive. A Glyph GPT50 2TB. I planned on saving my sessions to this drive but haven't yet because I just got this drive. I was also planning on moving all my sample libraries to this drive.

I hope this was a bit more detailed.

The only thing I really changed when my problem occured was I changed the host processors from 4 to 2....I don't know I read it on a forum somewhere..but I switched the host processors back to 4.

The message i mentioned at the begining of this post pops up with only Kontakt 5 and Guitar Rig 5 as inserts. Kontakt is a MIDI drum track and Guitar Rig 5 is inserted on a stereo audio track. I push play to play it back and within seconds, maybe 5seconds, the box pops up.

Please let me know if you have any advice. I apologize for my ignorance to this stuff. I just want to get this running so I can make some music. Thanks again.