View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 03:22 PM

Default Re: So what if I have an old Mbox and Snow Leopard? no CoreAudio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
a) you can get 10.5 on it if your can find a system image of 10.5 and image the computer
b) 8.0 will run on 10.6 it's just not supported or stable
c) 8 years is a long time for computer hardware to stay compatible, remember the mBox was designed to work on OS9 originally. What else that was designed for 9 still works? and what effort? highlight the code and press [command+x]
a) Craig is right, if you can get your hands on a copy of 10.5 install, its pretty easy to downgrade. But you will have to re-format your system drive.

b) Craig is right, Mbox will work with Snow Leopard and PT 8.01, although not well enough to be of any help to anybody using PT in professional sense.

c) Craig is a smart-ass. So here is my smart-ass reply.

The Mbox was taken off the market in 2005. At that point in time Apple computers were shipping with OS 10.4 Tiger.
I have plenty of gear from 5-10 years ago still working great, scanners, cameras, printers, ipod, external DVD drive, portable hard drive etc.
Also it was only 2 years ago that PT8 was released and a whole lot of Mbox original owners forked out the cash for the upgrade. Now we have to pay for it again.

What effort you ask Craig?

If your talking about editing the CoreAudio driver code and you know what file to edit and you know what line of code to cut (thanks for the keyboard shortcut BTW). Then please enlighten us. Hell, I'll even drop some cash in your paypal account.