View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Running old AND new on different computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mot2000x View Post
^^^ Exactly this, i want to be able use my lap top on the go and do most of the work on the bigger, considerably more powerful machine at home but keep the mac pro OS as is with the ability to swap the ilok between the two.
You might not be able to swap sessions between the two computers unless your plugins have both 32 and 64 bit aax format support. PT10 uses 32 bit aax and every version of PT after that uses 64 bit aax. Some developers of late in an effort to support Catalina have dropped 32 bit versions of their plugins. Check with support for any third party plugins you have on whether they still support both 32 and 64 bit aax.

I think subscription plans only have a PT2019 license asset. The permanent plans - I don't know. I just looked on the Sweetwater site and they're still selling reinstatement plans for $299 but those plans went away at the start of this year. A permanent license license asset plan is $599 for vanilla PT. It looks like you'll be having two separate license assets and if you do I'd get a second iLok and keep the two assets on separate iLoks. And don't forget ZDT insurance at $30/year - it's the cheapest investment that can pay off if you ever have a damaged iLok. And to cover if said iLok gets stolen activate TLC (theft & loss coverage) which is free.

QAPLA!