View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Is UAD worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
The MKIIs are definitely worth getting IMO. Your example about the LA2 in particular. The MKII has the emphasis screw which allows you to roll off some bottom in the side chain only which to me makes it much more usable and smooth on low frequency content. And the 1176MKIIs model the entire signal path including all non linearities, which is especially important for the Rev A which is the dirtiest one.

As for Unison, not sure if it's because it's new, but the new Helios channel is really great. Not only in Unison mode, but even when you drive the line input during mixing, I've found it to be a really great color.

These most recent plugs (Helios, SSL Channel, Distressor) have raised the bar IMO, and I think we are finally achieving real analog feel/sound ITB. I know, I know, people have been saying that for years, but at some point it will actually be true!!
I finally had good enough of a sale to take yours and guitardom's (and others advice) and got this Helios plug. This thing is great. It is what I've been expecting from all of the high dollar plugs that have advertised the whole analog tube warmth thing. Too bad I only have a duo.

So thanks again for the tips everyone!